Yahoo mail suggests its users change their passwords randomly yet periodically. It is recommended to prevent the user’s accounts from being hacked or so. Users can change their password any time they want. It is a simple process that requires you to follow the steps below. All you need to do here is follow the stepwise guide below, and you will be able to change or reset your password on your own.
How to Change Password on Yahoo Mail
- Open your web browser and then go to the Yahoo mail official website. Go to the log in section of Yahoo mail.
- Log in to your Yahoo account by using the registered email or phone number and the correct, current password to your Yahoo mail.
- At the bottom right corner of the screen, look for to the “Menu” options on your Yahoo page and click on that.
- Go to the option of “Account Security” next. To go any further with the steps, you will need first to fill in your current Yahoo mail password. You will have to wait a few moments to get confirmation that the password matches with your existing Yahoo mail password. This step is done to make sure about the ownership of the account.
- Select “Change your current Yahoo mail password”. You may have to answer the security questions in this step. If you have been changing your Yahoo mail password too often or have just changed the password to your email recently, Yahoo mail may add another security check of recovery or security questions. You have to answer the security questions correctly, and you will be taken forward to the next step.
- Write your new password there. You will have to fill the same password twice so that to make sure that they both match. Once written the new password twice, “Submit and Continue”. Once the two passwords match, your Yahoo mail password would be successfully changed.
If you get stuck in any step while following the procedure, contact Yahoo customer support team. You can also read the FAQ section for more help. In case you are unable to reset or change password on yahoo mail after following the steps carefully, contact the customer care team at Yahoo, and they will assist you.