Remove password windows 10
Having a password can be an excellent hustle for some, and they want to remove it. Here we are going to discuss the method which can be used by the window owner to remove it. After that, he or she will not have to enter the password every time they log in. So, to remove password windows 10, you have to follow these simple steps:
Steps to remove password windows 10
A user must be sure about the removal of the password from Windows 10. The reason is that it can make the device vulnerable to external threats. If you are sure about that then here are the steps that are needed to be followed to remove password from Windows 10.
- You have to visit the settings section by clicking on the start menu of the Windows.
- There you will find the Accounts section click on that button.
- In the list of the setting section you will find an option of “Sign-in Options” and then under the “Password” section on the right, click the “Change” button.
- Now you have to confirm your password for the security reasons and after that, click on the Next button.
- For the next step, where you will be asked to enter the new password, leave that space empty. This will make the windows to replace the current password with the blank one. So click on the Next button.
- Click on the Finish button and you are done with the process to remove password windows 10.
There is one thing that you have to keep in mind, and that is, you have to follow the steps correctly. If you do not do that, then you will not be able to remove the password from your PC.
Reasons for not doing it
If you are interested in removing the password from your windows, then you can, but there are caveats. So before removing your password, you should check out these following points:
- If you are using the Microsoft account on the Windows, then you will not be able to remove the password. So, if you are interested in removing the password, then you have to revert your Microsoft account to the local one.
- When you remove your password from the Windows, then it becomes vulnerable. As anyone physical, there can access your device. So by doing that you are making the Windows open for attack. But this does not mean that the Windows is vulnerable to online attacks as well.
- When you do not have the password, then there can be a malicious application in your Windows which might gain benefit or access to that device.
All these points tell the user one thing, and that is – the removal of the password can be handy, but doing it can open the Windows to other risks. So make sure that you do and do not try to remove windows password for good.
Windows is one of the friendliest platforms which can be used by the user. And the best part is that they take the security of their users seriously. But if you are interested in removing password windows-10, then follow the steps that are mentioned above. Here is Microsoft community thread on how to remove password from the start screen.